Soldering flexible cord (headphones)

I think that grimly and myself originally stole it from UKRM

many, ... many ... years ago

but I'm going to post the above up at work

Reply to
geoff

Does anyone remember those wiring pens we used to use for bread boarding? It dispensed what looked like 38SWG enamelled wire, but the enamel would melt as soon as you touched it with an iron.

I seem to remember a warning about cyanide poisoning as well.

Reply to
Graham.

It was coated in polyurethane, hence the cyanide warning.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Bob Eager

That's not bad English, it's very good English. Far better than the Google-translated German I had to use last year when ordering from Germany!

Reply to
Windmill

Reply to
Graham.

As I recall the plaited leads that were used with the old bakelite phones (=

200/300 series) were also made using tinsel. These days you can buy replace= ments for use when restoring phones, but most of the ones I've seen seem to= be pve covered wire just given an outer braided covering - doesn't work th= e same way at all.
Reply to
docholliday93