Solar virgin...

Do you have a reference for that?

Feed-in Tariff Scheme: Guidance for Licensed Electricity Suppliers Ref: 61/10

"4.26. If at a later date an Export Meter is commissioned and registered under the BSC, then the exported electricity from the Eligible Installation will no longer be able to be deemed."

Has the position changed since that was issued?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Translation: 'It's not worth spending your own money on that project as you can't force others to help pay for (and earn money after that from it) for you.'

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Its the "If". Why would anyone like harry want an export meter when he uses as much of the energy as he can so nobody else gets any benefit.

Reply to
dennis

I think we all know the answer to that! (He wouldn't of course as he's in it for 'harry'). ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It would be of benefit to me as I export around 75% of what I generate.

Anybody with a 4kw array will export more than half what they generate unavoidably.

And everything they generate reduces dependence on imported fuels and helps the balance of payments.

Is that too hard to understand shit-fer-brains?

Reply to
harry

It doesn't matter what tricks one gets up to, only so much energy can be used in the home. The rest must be exported.

The stupid immersun devices make no economic sense.

Besides which, I also have solar thermal panels for hot water. In Winter I use off peak Economy 7 electricity for heating water and.

Reply to
harry

.
Reply to
harry

Some can be used outside the home eh harry ... like charging your electric car. ;-)

Must, you don't have to use it anywhere? Now, as we are paying for it we would prefer you exported all of it but got a discount on your own bill against that.

Us paying for the electricity you use yourself makes no economic sense to us.

Of course you do.

Oh, what's that, your own solar solutions aren't good enough in the winter Harry?

Luckily you have the systems you are making less efficient with your random / part time energy generation available to fall back on eh.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Except every night and much of the winter though?

And again, no issues around that in a practical sense, it's the fact you are getting pair for the energy you generate and USE YOURSELF!

Please explain in what galaxy that is fair or reasonable to anyone (apart from you).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m