So hows that solar thingy doing for ya, Harry?

" even in winter, they produce SOME power"

Er..possibly.

tend to say that you'd need a high impedance meter to meausure it, tho. :0)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have just read the meter now. This last quarter (7th) It produced 738 units. Worth about =A3450 if you take tax into account. This is the worst quarter of the year. This year is running 120 units behind the same time last year. (Bad weather in June)

I had a day of zero production a couple of days back due to frozen on snow. Snow melted next day and slid off. A couple of days before I had 11. Best day ever was 30.

Thinking about an electric car. Free charging in Summer.

Reply to
harry

They actually do not bother to do anything with it once the voltage is too low or the drop on load is too much from what I can tell. You would do better connecting a bike to a generator!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , The Natural Philosopher writes

"No data available Thank you very much for your interest. We do not have any data at this time as there is no longer any PV output after sunset ..."

well, I never

Reply to
geoff

Jesus that over 50p a UNIT.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well it is tax free, that is the amount of money you would have to earn before tax to get the rate, The rate offered currently to new installations is less than half that.

The gov thinks parity will happen around 2020, ie that will be the going rate for electricity.

Reply to
harry

Current and future rates chart here.

harry