Small pans on gas hob?

My gas hob, on each burner, (as is usual) has a cast metal grid which has four arms which finish just short of each of the burners. It works fine with larger pans, but the smaller pans even on the smallest burner tend to too easily miss the grid and tip over.

I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution? Might a sheet of perforated metal, with large perforations, large enough to cover the entire hob work?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Many solutions! Try googling "small pan support for gas stove".

Reply to
GB

Induction hob. Whilst said tongue in cheek, if you have some space, one of those single plate units is pretty inexpensive and would be an answer. (Provided your pans are suitable.)

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

I had this problem in the motorhome. In the end I made a steel frame that prevented tipping.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Put "gas ring reducer" into the Amazon search box - there are loads of them available, in a number of different designs.n

Reply to
S Viemeister

S Viemeister used his keyboard to write :

Thanks, I had no idea they sold such things...

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

polygonum_on_google laid this down on his screen :

My kitchen has a lot of work space, but is already pretty busy with gadgets. I have just bought an air fryer - which is great by the way, but I would not want to lose more space..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.