Small apartment development

They also sell by the metre.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The best approach for me would seem to be the Building Notice application, right?

I saw on the London Corporation website that if done online these need to be in Autocad format, is this still the case if I bring them in to them personally?

If I must present plans in this format (.dwg or .dxf files), is there any free software I can use to do the plans?

Thanks, Chad

Reply to
chad.city

yes. just bittorent autocad and use that.

Reply to
newsmung

Bear in mind that there are two ways of doing this - either a "full plans" submission or a "building notice" - the latter is normally for minor works and I'm not sure whether that would be appropriate for the amount of work you'll have planned? I think you may be describing a hybrid route! Needs looking into.

That would be 'pirated' not 'free' of course.

IMHO there's a massive learning curve to get to grips with any technical drawing software; autocad or anything else like that wouldn't be my choice!

David

Reply to
Lobster

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lobster" Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 11:23 AM Subject: Re: Small apartment development

isn't there a demo version any more? the op asked for software, i just assumed he might know how to use it...

there are convertors available, .dwf format.

I used Copernic.Its a search engine.

?tag=dir

newsmung

Given the amount and varied nature of work you will be doing, and your lack of knowledge, I would suggest you go full plans otherwise there is a real risk you will spend a lot of money doing work that has to be ripped out.

If you take them in personally they probably want them on paper?

If you don't know how to do architectural drawings and don't know how to use CAD, a couple of hundred quid handed to an architectural technician will be money well spent.

Owain

Reply to
Owain