Slimline dishwahser for 50cm depth

Hi,

I've got a small kitchen which I'm fitting, and really want to get a slimline dishwasher installed. The ideal space is a cupboard next to the washer machine. The width of the cupboard is fine for a slimline dishwash, but the depth is only 50cm. This is because the waste pipe from the bath room above comes down behind this cupboard (which is shallower than the rest of the kitchen)

The best I've found is 55cm from searching around. I was wondering if anyone had even heard of a shallow slimline dishwasher, and if not, any ideas on a way around this? I thought that some dishwashers might be measured across the maximum points, so a dishwasher which had a door which curved out might actually be a bit smaller....?? Also, I've noticed some dishwashers come witch casing at the back to make the piping etc. look a bit tidier...I thought maybe this could be removed to give me a bit of extra space??

Any thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Reply to
rpurse

A washing up bowl is probably better.

The smaller your dishwasher the less you can put in it and the more often you have to put it on.

Reply to
mogga

I don't know. (Re: Bowl) We squeezed a slimline dishwasher into our previous kitchen and it was great for 2 adults and a baby.

Filling the sink with hot water everytime you have a few plates hs got to be far more wastefull than a dishwasher that will take half a dozen plates, 3 or 4 bowls and a dozen cups/mugs (and associated cutlery)

Doubt there will be anything "shallow" though. Having the pipe re-routed might be an option, failing that having it poking out 2" shouldn't be a problem. If not fitted as an integral appliance I doubt it would even notice.

IMHO

Pete

Reply to
unknown