Showers..

Hopefully not already done to boredom:-)

The west-west wing extension has finally reached the point where I need to invest in a shower.

Things decided so far...

Solid floor so tray with riser feet.

Size 1200x760

Shower board rather than tiles.

Sliding door with the thickest glass I can afford.

Questions..

The available space is 1485. What do I do with the extra?

25kW Combi boiler and 3-5 bar pressure. What type of mixer?

Waste size will be controlled by the tray outlet but I am nervous of extremely shallow trays with no tiling upstand. Do they rely on low output shower heads? I can gouge a bit out of the screed or use HepVO but there has been a lot of chat about top access wastes. What is the benefit and is there a downside.

Anything else I need to know?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

On the 1200 side? So, 285 - could be used for pantry-style rollout storage for toiletries, wash cloths, etc.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Two things you need to know - the maximum throughput of hot water from your combi and the maximum flow rate of your shower. The shower flow rate often seems to be governed by the shower head not the mixer. For example the big 'rain shower' overhead showers need a lot more water than a smaller riser mounted shower head, and you can get 'Eco' shower heads which claim to provide the same showering experience but use less water. [Flow rates are often quite hard to find online - but some brochures do include this.]

For a mixer, I would suggest any standard thermostatic bar mixer.

I am about to purchase a shower mixer and am having problems telling the difference (apart from price) between plumbing chain own brands and the better known such as Mira, Aqualisa, Grohe, Triton.

HTH

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

In 2 or 3 days I should be able to comment on the effectiveness of the following combination:

30kW combi 900x1000 shallow tray Tiles and pivot door purely due to aesthetics. Mira Select mixer McAlpine 90mm diameter shallow (70mm deep) waste - in the end we had a channel cut in the concrete floor for the waste pipe as the external drain gully was sufficiently low to give a quite reasonable fall.

-- rbel

Reply to
rbel

Considered. The dimension is plaster to plaster so likely to reduce. As said elsewhere, hiding pipework will take up some of this.

Larger showers do exist but matching doors jump in price and I am happy using 1200x760 elsewhere.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Herbs in troughs is one option, if the space has sun.

NT

Reply to
NT

This is a windowless shower room:-)