Should I buy a house that's been underpinned due to subsidence?

I sit corrected - I hadn't realised you could underpin *that* much.

No, well, susbidence isn't a known risk, anyway ;-) However, include a typical mortgage lender in the equation and it'll never fly. No insurance, no loan. You can, of course, take your chances with your own money.

-- "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."

Reply to
John Laird

What a smooth way to say f*ck off. I'll have to note the phraseology.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I bought a house that had been underpinned. This was reflected in the price. The work was done with all approvals required. It was actually impossible to see why it had been underpinned. There was some settlement at the rear but that seemed to be the norm on houses around it (maybe they have all been underpinned too!). I did have difficulty getting insurance (they wanted a full survey done) but, in the end, went with the insurers for the previous owner, Legal and General.

Maris

Reply to
Maris