Servisol contact cleaner

Will servisol contact cleaner work on cordless tool battery terminals, general wiring accessory terminals, stripped cable tails (tarnishing)? I could add car battery terminal into the list I guess with silicone grease on the top re white powder buildup?

Reply to
js.b1

yes.

Id be invclined to abrade those.

Car battery teeminals just need a god tap with a hammer, a wire brush to get the loose stuff off, and a fistful of grease.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Contact cleaner has some degree of cleaning effect, and is useful when its not practical to get physical access to the surfaces to clean them. When you do have access, its quite pointless.

Car batteries are a different thing. The way to clean them, if its ever needed, is to scrape the surface. Normally though wiggling the connectors and tightening is enough.

Use only petroleum jelly on car battery terminals. Nearly all greases become corrosive when they see a voltage across them. Copper bearing grease on battery termianls is just a marketing gimmick.

NT

Reply to
NT

The Natural Philosopher wibbled on Monday 16 November 2009 02:03

Vaseline is the old standby for those, but anything to hand is probably fine.

Reply to
Tim W

The Natural Philosopher brought next idea :

Boiling water works even better!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield