Separating wiring from gas pipes

Can anyone see anything wrong with this (or suggest a better idea)? I need to run some tails across the route of some existing gas pipes (at

90 degrees). The pipes are 30mm off the wall so I propose to channel the wall, run the tails in the channel and add a small piece of something over the channel to hold the cable in; this will guarantee a 25mm separation from the pipes - any problem with this?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Should be OK. IIRC just running the cables in insulating conduit or trunking is itself OK: the 25mm spacing is for cables au naturel (i.e insulated & sheathed) from gas pipework.

Rememeber 150mm from swicthes etc to gas pipes

Reply to
John Stumbles

So it's acceptable to put the cable in a short length of plastic trunking as they pass under the gas pipes ... thanks, I hadn't realised that. Can you point me at a reference so I can check the detailed wording?

Reply to
Dave