Sanoflow Problem

Yea I know, I've read all the archive jokes etc. :-))

We have a Sani Chasse. All in one toilet and built in pump.

It wouldn't switch off. It did it ages ago but I managed to sort it with some 'heavy use'.

Then a couple of weeks ago it did it again, so I put a couple of bits of kitchen roll down it to 'flush out the problem'. This blocked it completely. Hired a wet/dry vacuum and sucked and blowed and got it running again, but still it won't switch off when the pan is empty.

I rang Saniflow but they gave me numbers of three agents who all seem to have an excuse to not come.

Maybe if I knew where to kick it, I could get someone to help me fix it.

Help!

Reply to
J B

A gallon of petrol & a match ought to do it!

Reply to
Phil

I'm only guessing but is there a pressure switch somewhere which is sticking/blocked?

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Probably .... any idea where or how?

Reply to
J B

I'd have said it was the pressure switch too. Open it all up (not all that difficult) the pressure switch is the same sort as you get in a washing machine, it's a short cylinder with domed ends about 4 inches diameter. Usually three electrical connections plus a pvc pipe a bit like screen washer pipework. Connect another bit of similar pipe to it and suck and blow, you should hear the switch click. Check the three terminals and you will find it is a single pole changeover switch (i.e. there is a common terminal which connects to one connector when there is no pressure, and to the second connector when you blow). If it is working correctly it will sense pressure (when you fill up the box at the back by flushing) and turn the pump on. When the pressure is relieved it should switch off. Of course it may not be the switch, it could be the electronics board but with the above information and a bit of trial and error you should be able to determine which bit is faulty. The switches are cheap, a good washing machine shop should be able to help if you take a dead one in. I tend to salvage them from dead washing machines and dishwashers.

Reply to
Newshound

No idea. I'm fortunate enough that I have never had to take one apart :)

I'm just guessing that these things must have some sort of pressure switch in them somewhere, most likely connected by a tube which has blocked.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Sorted! I chickened out and got the saniflow 'engineer' to call. It was just full of limescale (one of the disadvantages of having your own borehole)

Thanks all.

Reply to
J B