Safety - Lift

In my local Tesco the lift from the baselent carpark has a paper notice stuck inside saying "In an emergency phone 0121*********"

I challenced a member of management about the fact that some people may not have a mobile phone, some may not get a signal - and why was the notice there - and it could easily get ripped off.

The flummoxed manager disn't know about the label but a member of staff suggested that the number was the Lift Company and that the Emergency button didn't work.

About 10 days later I went again and the paper notice is still there.

Can it be acceptable?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

No

"Cars must be fitted with two-way means of communication allowing permanent contact with a rescue service"

Reply to
Andy Burns

It would mean I'd not go near the bloody thing. No I believe any lift without a functioning alarm is illegal in a public building. When I got stuck in a lift at my place of work health and safety were all over us since the only reason I got out was somebody heard me as they passed the door. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

When a colleague got stuck in one of the lifts at work for a couple of hours, he managed to raise the alarm no problem. Then, as the lift was fitted with a full, standard phone in a hatch, he used it to phone friends for a chat!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker