Safe surface for a trampoline

I'm about to buy a 10 foot trampoline, probably like this:

bit of the garden where the trampoline's going isn't completely level in one direction and dips about 8" from one side to the other.

What's a reasonable way to provide a safe, level surface for the trampoline to rest on? I'm thinking maybe some breeze blocks or some kind of solid timber. Obviously it would need to be able to cope with at least some movement of the trampoline. Not sure if it will need to be dug in a few inches.

Jedzi

Reply to
Michael D

Timber I would have thought - with the base tube strapped to it if possible to prevent it slipping off...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Even installed well, trampolines prodce a steep injury rate.

NT

Reply to
NT

this:

> The bit of the garden where the trampoline's going isn't completely

and huge amounts of enjoyment....

ours is levelled with stone flags (nothing massive - broken corners) levelling up the slightly low side - no probs in years.

OP could you "dig in" the high side and use flags/timbers/ whatever to "bring up" the low side - simples :>)

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

Indeed they do. Make sure you get the nets for the sides.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

or make sure you have a paramedic in the family ;-)

Reply to
JTM

She has been called out to more than a few accidents involving un netted trampolines & small childers....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I had this problem, and just cut the Legs of the Trampoline with an Angle Grinder to level it off. You can cut the legs down to size and drill a hole in them to take the spigot of the 'u' part of the leg again.

I actually cut all 6 legs, as it was a bit high I thought, and even with me bouncing on it (16 stones) it doesn't even come close to bottoming out.

Reply to
Camdor