Rotating Display drive

In article ,

My 2002 CPC catalogue shows......

MS00126 5/6rpm, D-shaft long.

MS00049 5/6rpm, D-shaft short, 9mm shaft.

MS00125 2.5/3rpm, small terminals, no shaft spec.

MS00125 2.5/3rpm, 7mm D-shaft, Sharp compatible.

Hmmm..... never though of that.

Reply to
Tony Williams

Thanks once again Tony.

I have registered online with CPC but can't find any way to order their printed catalogue.

Am I missing something obvious or will they now send me a catalogue for registering?

Sean

Reply to
Sean Delere

CPC catalogues are as rare as Rocking Horse Sh*t.

Doubtful. They can be quite helpful with white goods enquiries over the phone though.

The motors mentioned all seem to be about the same size (ie, roughly the same power), all must have enough welly to turn a microwave turntable, all have a D-shaft for the output, and are all in the £6 to £8 region. So maybe just choose the slowest rpm, with the longest shaft, and avoid the small push-on terminals. MS00129 maybe.

Ummm.... CPC have a small order handling charge........

Reply to
Tony Williams

"Sean Delere" wrote

How about a mirror ball rotator, such as:

and only £6.30p hth Neil

Reply to
Gripper

I have emailed CPC to ask what voltage the motors are as it does not say on the website, I presume they are 240.

I can cope with that or I may pay a visit to the trade counter as they are only a few miles away down the M6.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Delere

That looks like a good possibility although I can't see how the drive drives if you see what I mean.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Delere

They send me one each year, mind you it's quite a book now 2 1/2" across the spine and uses that thin paper like RS, Franell etc.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Tony Williams writes

When I asked for a second catalogue a couple of years ago, they went away and checked how much I had ordered from them before sending it.

Reply to
geoff

They send me a catalogue every year, plus innumerable special offers. I checked my spend and it's nearly £500 ex VAT per year.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

The first catalogue's no problem, but just try and get a second o0ne out of them

Reply to
geoff

I have now ordered a couple of the microwave oven rotators from CPC and I'll let you know how I get on.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Delere

Thanks for all the help from people who suggested various ways of constructing the turntable.

I decided on the microwave spare solution from CPC which ended up costing me £5 each plus VAT and delivery. The motors are just 2" in diameter and thin enough to sit nicely in a routed out piece of 18mm MDF. The drive is of the D type and works perfectly well pushed into a 6mm hole in the MDF although I will probably make a more permanent solution in the final model.

If anyone is interested I can post a photo somewhere.

One last question. Would it be possible to run the motor (240VAC 2W) through a standard lighting dimmer switch to slow it down even further?

Sean

Reply to
Sean Delere