'Robust' woodwork paint

Hi All,

I'm refurbishing a house that's due to take some hard wear from students. I'm wondering what's the best paint to use for the woodwork. I'm inclined not to use gloss on doors or skirting because it tends to go yellow quickly and look old. Whatever I choose needs to be hard wearing with regards chipping etc - does anyone know what would commonly be used in schools and hospitals, for example?

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
David

That gets chipped.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The cheapest you can find, I use Layland. Chances are that it will need redecoration after there tenancy no matter what paint you use, unless the students are from Japan

Reply to
Mark

I'd go with two coats of a decent trade eggshell, also has the advantage of not requiring undercoat.

IMO Dulux won't give you any advantage with longevity and isn't worth the huge price hike associated with it. I generally use Leyland or Johnstones.

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

Hi,

Sounds good. Is eggshell the same as Satinwood?

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
David