ring main woes

The message from Fred contains these words:

Like my house which once only had 3 circuits, lights, ring and cooker. It now has 3 ring mains, North, South and kitchen and 2 lighting circuits, downstairs and upstairs. As it happens the lighting circuits were harder to separate, wired in part with double insulated singles but via some very odd routes.

One of the other things I have done is to try and eliminate all the diagonal wires that offend current regulations.

Reply to
Roger

Taking neutrals round a different path to the lives is not recommended, since it can cause problems for inductance loop hearing aids used by deaf people. Not that they would normally be using that mode in a house anyway - more often in churches, concert halls, banks etc. Not sure if the regs actually ban it though. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson