Reusing a compression joint..?

Sigh.

How many times do I have to repeat that the original question was not about using tape on compression joints, but on a screw thread joint, the undoing of which also required a compression joint to be unscrewed?

However, I have had to use sealer on compression joints before now. 10mm oil pipe mainly.

The pipe is so soft the olives don't make a good seal to it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Quote from Tool-up description ..

"Suitable for use on compressed air, natural gas, steam and non portable hot and cold water services."

Must be something to do with not carrying water in a bucket .....

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

As does Boss Blue I believe .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

It is not designed for it. It is designed to be wrapped on threads. Some plastic pipe makers stipulate that PTFE is wrapped around a metal olive when using brass compression joints with plastic pipe. That is the only case of wrapping an olive with PTFE that I know of, and I am doubtful if that really adds anything at all.

Use jointing paste.

I never said anything about work hardening.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel