Replacement wooden slats for garden bench?

Top answer ;): I made replacement slats from old barge boards. They are treated so should last a long time. New barge boards cost £6 from Wickes and you can mak e four 4-foot slats from each.

Reply to
dd.gilbert9

d last a long time. New barge boards cost £6 from Wickes and you can m ake four 4-foot slats from each.

Could be a top answer if posted 12 years ago when the question was asked. Use google groups to get here rather than that mad website you're on and yo u won't have these problems.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

.are they not just bits of wood ,what's this kit business, this is DIY

Reply to
F Murtz

Hi, My 5 cents worth. I use upcycled wood from pallets. Care must be taken to s elect know free lengths, but the length of an E pallet is 1.2 meters, perfe ct length. I have done 3 Benches, all of them look great. The pallets that are ideal are ones from oil companies. The ones that are used to deliver 4 x 44 gal Drums of engine oil to garages.

Reply to
brian.stapelkamp