Replacement loo handle?

The flimsy chromium-plated plastic bush that is screwed into the side of the loo cistern holding the loo handle in place has cracked beyond repair (what a shoddy piece of "engineering" it is too). I have no idea of the make of the loo -- the manufacturers were not proud enough to put their name on it. It's about 10 years old.

Is it normally possible in such situations to get a replacement handle assembly from one of the sheds, or from anywhere else, or do I need a complete new bathroom suite?

Reply to
Ian

Sheds (at least, B&Q) have them. I had to replace one on my parents' loo when I snapped it off whilst visiting them.

(Caused much amusement as my father when visiting his parents ~50 years ago managed to break the stone cistern lid when flushing the loo.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, I replaced it with an all metal one from wickes, they do the cheapo plastic ones too, but now of course the new handle sticks out too far and won't allow the lid to stay up safely! Brilliant!

Dedics

Reply to
Ian & Hilda Dedic

Yes - they are available - but take care - a friend bought one and the diameter was a very tight fit for the hole in the cistern. Instead of taking it back he forced it in and after a few days the cistern cracked. all because he wanted a particular style!

Reply to
John

Example:

John