Rechargeable torch

Been there right from the beginning.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

No. Alkalines are cheap and store better. Stock up on twin AA Maglites, triple D maglites, the 4 quid Osram fluorescent flat torches from Lidl. Then fill the lot with Ikea's cheap alkalines.

Rechargeables are for regular daily use and overnight charging. They're a damned pain if you're using it intermittently.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

[29 lines snipped]

Yeah. Right. The bazillion candlepower one I bought from the shed whose sealed gel-cell failed after a couple of weeks, a replacement battery was enough to buy about another dozen torches.

Reply to
Huge

In the UK, as I said I've never knowingly seen a *clockwork* rather than direct drive dynamo torch in the UK.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

` Very few torches use gel cells! Why not replace it with a smaller Nicad collection?

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol