Re: Mice!

Why then does standard rodent protection mesh have holes rather bigger than a ball point pen? Unless it's a Tonka Toy one...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The mice that come in are very often juveniles leaving the nest (at

3weeks, adults are 6-7 weeks). They are thus smaller than adult mice. Wild mice are also generally much smaller and scrawnier than pet shop/lab equivalents. Life is hard as well as red in tooth and claw and nasty, brutish and short.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Our bastard cat has brought home half a squirrel, with the entrails dragging behind it, which it deposited in the middle of the rug in the front room. And a budgie; I dread to think how he got that. And a wounded mouse which he seems to have dropped in the hall, where it crawled into a child's shoe and died. I found it some time later, when it was crawling with maggots.

Reply to
Aidan

The bird population of our garden had rocketed since the our cats died. I wouldn't have another.

Likewise in Bedford. Sat in the garden having a beer, having just dug up about 10 sq meters of lawn to make a vegetable plot, watching the swifts eating the flies that were bothering me!

Reply to
Huge