Re: Mains fire detectors. Building Regs vs manufacturer's recommendations

From the chaotic regions of the Cryptosphere, "Charles M Atkinson" wrote on Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:45:14

+0100:

Which advice to follow? I guess BRK are more likely to be overspecifying to

>avoid liability (that's posh for covering their arses) whereas the Building >Regs are more down to earth. >

The (Approved Documents to the) Building Regulations are (one way of achieving) the absolute minimum standard acceptable for health, safety and welfare. If a manufacturer recommends a higher standard, and whether you choose to follow that advice, that's down to them (and very commendable it is, too), and to you.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

If the fire has got to the stage where the interlink wiring is affected you have long since lost interest in the subject.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Thanks, Richard. I wouldn't have expected the voltage drops to be significant -- the currents will be in the signalling rather than power range????

Reply to
Charles M Atkinson