Re: ma help ma bob

Don't panic. the whole idea of delaying it is to allow the medics time to not be swamped as far as I can see. Most people come through it OK even those with poor immune systems as the tissue anti rejection drugs affect different bits of the immune system. Obviously nobody will know for sure, but you might just as easily get flu, and have a similar issue. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2

had the flue a year ago fist time since the transplant the jag didn't work and it really buggered me up .....

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I don't think its Government this time. Its more the media and those on anti social media. However I do think the attitude of a few people in both the US and Australia who, when told they tested positive, decided to go to the pub, work and clubbing via public transport as uncaring and rash. Just because YOU are not affected by the virus over much, helping to give it to strangers who may have a completely different reaction is a whole other thing entirely. I suppose one could say this is also true of the Flue and certain other ailments, and it does make one think that we all could be irresponsible and no doubt have been in the past. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2

Just wait a few weeks to see if the pattern here follows Italy. Which has a superb health service, being brought to its knees.

Dunno about most on here, but I'd prefer a bit of scaremongering to a full blown crisis. Which I'll predict will happen here. But be delighted to be proved wrong.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

While Jenner (the 'father' of inoculation) was English, given he was initially studied (at least at University) in Scotland, perhaps jag is more appropriate ;-)

Reply to
Brian Reay

Which is why the statistic I don't believe is "number of infected". I suspect it's far higher, and the death rate is therefore a lot lower than stats suggest.

At least I hope so.

Going on a cruise next week, wish me luck!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Fark, must be mad.

Reply to
John_j

Don't think we are in a high risk group (not old enough) and it's a lot of money to just throw away. Booked 6 months ago.

OTOH if the cruise company should cancel we won't be too upset.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

But you could well end up stuck in the ship for weeks with it refused entry to any port and locked in your windowless room and fed by an infected steward with a key.

Much cheaper to do that home.

But you are paying for what no one with any sense would pay for now.

Hope its not Princess Cruises. They may well be broke by then and the receiver wont be able to pay the refunds,. And when they arent being paid, the crew aren't even going to bother feeding you and no one will sell them any food anyway.

Reply to
John_j

Well, we got as far as the departure lounge at the airport. Checked emails - and they'd cancelled it. They've offered a full refund, or 150% of a future cruise.

We'll take the refund. I too am not sure they'll be around long enough for a future cruise. Luckily we booked the flights through them too.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

well done