How to defrost windows

Just saw a youtube video of someone defrosting their car windows with a pipe from the exhaust. Sounds like a good idea.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Bucket of warm water is quicker.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I'd say slower. If you have the hose sat in the car anyway, just shove it on the exhaust and aim at the windows. No need to go inside, fill a bucket, pour it on, take the bucket back etc.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

All that will do is coat the outside of windows with the residue of fuel and oil. You will then have to get a bucket of water/detergent to wash off the oily film.

Reply to
alan_m

Only on a diseased MOT failure

Unburnt hydrocarbons are an MOT failure.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A MOT is performed on a hot engine when the cat has had chance to warm up.

Defrosting of windows is normally only required when the engine/cat is cold.

Reply to
alan_m

No, there's a quantity allowed. My Range Rover which was petrol/LPG always failed on petrol, but the garage passed it using LPG. The certificate showed it emitted either 10 or 100 times less (cant remember which) of the limit for HC.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword