Re: Cleaning Taps

The only time I've noticed white residue, is with a hard water supply,

>rather than soft. If it's hard water, plain vinegar on one of those >microfibre cleaning cloths, works quite well.

Sorry, I meant hard water. My fingers didn't type what I was instructing them to :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a try.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Toothpaste and an old toothbrush works well in sprucing up chrome as well Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart

Lemon juice works well as well.... smells better than vinegar too!

Reply to
John Rumm

True - but it's more expensive! Half a lemon, dipped in coarse salt, cleans copper very well.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Wife's Tesco shopping list for this morning looks something like this now:

Bottle of Vinegar.

No, scrub that - I meant a tube of toothpaste.

No, no, no, I meant get a lemon ;)

Thanks all - I didn't realise it was that simple!

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Were you the one having difficulty making soldered joints? ;-)

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In the really hard water area I live in this doesn't work. I use Kilrock, the K version on non-enamelled surfaces and the Gel version where there's enamel near. Mind you round here it doesn't take years to get a noticeable deposit, just a couple of weeks.

Reply to
BillR

Yes, I suppose I should have been more careful in my phrasing - kitchen utensils and decorative items only!

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister