Re: Cable clip

Cable clips for mains wiring must be insulated. All-metal clips are no

> longer regs compliant.

JOOI can you please point me to where in the regs? (I ask in part as I saw the old-style, brass clips being used recently in a house to clip cables to beams.)

Reply to
Robin

To be fair, it is you that is is claiming that this is a reg. It's not one I have ever heard of.

If you cannot suggest a reg to back your claim up then there is no chance of anyone else suggesting another reg that says metal clips are OK.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Probably harking back to the 15th? edition where everything metallic had to be earthed (or some interpretations of such demanded). The extra cost of running 2.5mm G/Y to each cable clip would make it uneconomic.

Reply to
<me9

After installation, drive a tin tack cleanly through the cable clip into the centre of the T&E (or slightly offset for 3&E) ... simples!

Reply to
Andy Burns

if we are going to that absurdity, surely the steel pin fixing the plastic cable clip to the wall would also need to be earthed?

Reply to
charles

Some people still make that claim after reading and misunderstanding reg

522.6.5 (ii)
Reply to
ARWadsworth

I've not seen anything about it in my OSG, can you tell us the position with metal clips?

NT

Reply to
NT