Re: 22mm Tee, but no play in the pipe?

GB wibbled on Tuesday 27 October 2009 10:50

I need to take a T off a 22mm pipe (and off an old imperial pipe the same > size), but it doesn't look like there will be any play in the pipe to get > the new fitting in. Any ideas? >

Conex compression - you need about 1cm max play - do you not have even that much flex?

Otherwise chop a section out and use a solder slip coupling to insert a new bit of pipe to join into the tee (can be slid onto one pipe fully, then slid back over the other pipe).

Chop a lump out and use plastic or a flexible connector or even a bendy corrugated copper section.

Reply to
Tim W

You could cut the tube back further and do it with two elbows and a T.

You could drill out the central flange in the T and slide it right over one pipe first if there is enough lateral play.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

Actually that was Tim's idea :-)

RobertL

GB wibbled on Tuesday 27 October 2009 12:52

You're welcome :)

JG Speedfit (pushfit) is good IME. There are other (incompatible) types. JG will pushfit onto copper too (I polish the ends of old copper with fine gauge wire wool)

Reply to
Tim W

That's a good way. I was after some recently though and my local local plumbers merchant (PTS) told me that they didn't bother stocking them anymore because everyone is going to plastic/push-fit. They still stocked a good range of ef/sr copper fittings though, so I don't know why slip couplers have been dropped.

dan.

Reply to
dent