Rats!

My son just phoned. He has a victorian terraced house with an open hopper drain from the bath waste. He wondered why his bath water was taking an age to drain away and found that the hopper was overflowing. Further investigation and probing found a rat stuck up the drain pipe. What a way to go even for a rat! Time he fitted a new closed soil pipe methinks.

Reply to
chudford

"chudford" wrote

Better find it there than feel it nuzzling your ass when you're on the pan

Reply to
TheScullster

or, simpler, I extended the shoe at the bottom of the pipe out to above the grid then put another shoe on the end; also used an off-cut of about 100mm pipe around the end on the grid. Then shaped some plastic grid stuff that was loitering nearby to cover most of the gully and rolled and shaped a bit of chicken wire to go under the extension to stop leaves being blown in. Not sure that this would handle the flow from a bath but 'tis OK for shower and basin.

Reply to
PeterC

Blimey. And there was me with a frog blocking me shit tank.

Its WAR I tell you.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher