Radio 2 and saving 30% on your heating bills

I might have gone mad (not my problem) but at about 6.35pm I am sure I heard a phone caller on the Chris Evans show say that you can save 30% on heating bills by removing the air from a CH system. The caller then advertised his co and gave a web site for his special equipment.

My girlfriends 4 year old son was shouting as I unloaded the shopping so I did not catch the web site.

Did anyone else hear this?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No, I couldn't hear him from here.......

Reply to
Andy Hall

I wonder if it's only warm air heating systems?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Go to the Beeb website, you can 'listen again' to most shows.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sounds like that one is not worth listening to.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Tried that and failed. It looks like "listen again" only starts when the program that is being broadcast ends.

Tried again later with a result. The web site I heard mentioned was

look at a way to waste your money. The phone in guy says it will save £200 a year.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I am not going mad. The home page has been updated to say that they have been on. Radio 2.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Think about, it dont add up. Insulation & reflector behind rads does work.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Hmm. Their web site says "...it adds nothing to your system." That's a new marketing approach.

Reply to
Grumps

It must be a brilliant thing, acording to the testimonials J.P Westall of Hexham fitted it to his OIL FIRED system and his GAS bills went down. Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

Hey, I'll have one of them. Now which gas reseller will I choose to pay me? Presumably the logical choice is the one that charges the most for gas. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The instructions say to fit the device, then leave the filing loop connected, to make up for air removed. Reads like they intend you to leave the tap open, which could seriously over pressurise, don't you think?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

In message , Trevor Smith wrote

Presumably his oil bill went up as a result of the whole house becoming a lot warmer.

Did you also note that one of the case studies was about a 'heating engineeer' who had no idea on how to fix his own heating system.

The clue to these miraculous improvements are contained in the fitting instructions.

Drain system. Re-commission as per the boiler manufactures instructions.

Any competent plumber will bleed the radiators during the re-commission.

Reply to
Alan

They're having a laugh.

The thing costs £195 and is just an air separator.

Clearly the manufacturer, Stan Whetstone, (what an apt name) thinks that people are more gullible in the north, since he has only one dealer south of Derby.

I'm also a bit worried about Mr Tony Goodyear,a Heating Engineer (no less) from Nottingham who thought that fitting a new condensing boiler would cure problems with a pump.

Then we have Mr Chris Horton, another heating engineer (from Hartlepool this time - not sure where that is, but I don't think I've ever been there) who fitted one to a system that needed to be bled every 3 - 4 days. Well now. I wonder why that was. Could it be that there was substantial catalytic action or just plain and simple sucking down? Fitting an air separator would do wonders for both and make sure that there is a plentiful supply of fresh air going through the system to eat away at the steel of those radiators.

The scary thing is that these are probably real people with customers.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not to mention fix the system so it is not getting air introduced into it all the time...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

4th worst place to live in the UK
Then we have Mr Chris Horton, another heating engineer (from Hartlepool
20th worst place to live in the UK
The scary thing is that these are probably real people with customers. spending their benefit money on central heating gadgets that don't work instead of Special Brew, chips and shell-suits.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It probably does work in the sense of being an air extractor. However Myson have been making these for years for about £15.

It's the other claims such as saving the best part of a tonne of CO2 emissions that seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Perhaps I should come up with a similar idea. If I can persuade people to give me their money rather to the outlets you mention as well as the Lottery, which you didn't, then they would be better off anyway.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I have a similar air separator on my CH, it cost ~£5 a few years ago. It works really well as my car does an extra 5mpg now.

Reply to
dennis

It must be a brilliant thing, acording to the testimonials J.P Westall of Hexham fitted it to his OIL FIRED system and his GAS bills went down. Trevor Smith

Nicely spotted.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

> Then

> The

You cannot leave money in some peoples pockets as it burns holes. At £200 a pair for designer jeans you will be doing them a favour by taking their money.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth