Priority services register

A few weeks ago I received a lot of criticism for suggesting that customers should not be added to the priority services register indiscriminately. I am now pleased that I was successful in deregistering, since at a time like this I would much prefer suppliers to focus on people who are genuinely in need of assistance.

Reply to
Scott

Well I find it hard to actually stay registered. The problem occurred because I was registered with EDF they did not pass this on to the power networks so when I rang them about the faulty smart meter they knew nothing about me. Obviously the emergency number during Christmas was there's, not the individual energy companies, so we got bogged down in the of too may cooks, so to speak. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

like me

Reply to
Just Jim Dandy

What do you actually get apart from "access to our friendly call centre staff"?

The criteria for inclusion seem to be very broad; why don't they just treat everyone well?

Reply to
Max Demian

That radical thinking could get you into trouble one day...

Reply to
Richard

You are supposed to get personal notification and updates. This IMO should definitely be reserved for those in genuine need.

To be fair, I think there are people who need extra help due to various personal circumstances.

Reply to
Scott

because there are fly men about...

Reply to
just jim dandy

Some years ago when the water got cut off my elderly mum received a free delivery of dozens of bottles of drinking water. The neighbours had to get their own.

Reply to
Pamela

I think some customers can receive a delivery of heaters - clearly not needed for anyone who has a sufficiency of heaters. Anyone in a flat is likely to receive assistance from the neighbours. And as for help in turning back on the appliances ...

Reply to
Scott