price of beco bricks

Anyone know what these things cost per brick? Does anyone have experience of using these?

kd

build a snail-shaped house IIRC.

I think they had some problems with the blocks deforming on the staircase whilst doing a big concrete pour.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Andy Burns

plague.

They might be ok for a ground floor bungalow, but seen neither time saving or easy.

Reply to
EricP

I think most problems were to do with the curves, and filling it in one go, which seemed mad, considering just polystyrene holding back tons of wet concrete. But I think the problem with a solid concrete building would be alterations in the future - you can't just knock out a few bricks and put a lintel in here and there. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 05:16:31 -0700, sm_jamieson mused:

That's what I remember as being the problem. I could see it happening before they started pouring.

Reply to
Lurch

"Lurch" wrote

I was amazed that, once the polystyrene had been breached, they had sufficient time to brace it up and avoid a total collapse.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster