Pressure treated ply ?? or woodworm treatment

Recently had to get the underside of the ground floor fogged by Rentokil because of woodworm.
Need to replace part of a joist and replace the knackered chipboard kitchen floor with ply.
I know pressure treated 4x2 is easy enough to obtain.
Is pressure treated 18mm approx ply widely available does anyone know? If not what is best to brush on to exterior ply? - about 9 sq metres

don't know if woodworm would go for ply? did they go for chipboard or was it rentokil who dug it all up to spray their nerve toxins? If you want belt and braces - just get a 5litre can of wood preserver and slap/pour it on - pref outside (brrrr! - I know) Presume you'll just treat what will be the underside?
jim
jim wrote:

The joists had plenty of holes and at least one bit will need replacing. Haven't got most of the chipboard up yet because it extends under kitchen units. The chipboard I have seen looks ok.
Rentokli reckoned the infestation was still live and since the kitchen needs replacing from floor to ceiling inclusive we thought it best to get under the floor treated rather than risk having to replace the kitchen again at a later date.
Googling suggests common furniture beetle do not like chipboard but do like plywood. We want the floor tiled and granite worktops and are told that chipboard is not the way to go.

cynics would suggest "they would wouldn't they" - otherwise there'd be no point them spraying the toxins and charging you handsomely for the proviledge..... ;>)

yeah - some nice 18mm ply treated with wood preserver would be the way I'd go for tiles.
cheers jim
snip ....

Yes I had my doubts but the floor and the kitchen couldn't wait a few years for me to be able to be sure the infestation was no longer active.

er....a few years?
jim wrote:

Yes. They can take quite a few years to emerge from the wood. I believe 3 is average but it can be a lot more.
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 16:49:24 +0000, Invisible Man wrote:

Wickes stuff - 'ang on a mo - 'ere 'tis
http://www.wickes.co.uk/All-Purpose/All-Purpose-Wood-Treatment/invt/600603
--
Peter.
PeterC wrote:

Thanks Peter
I had found some Rentokil and some Cuprinol but not the Wickes ones.
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 23:41:52 +0000, Invisible Man wrote:

I used it on the inaccessible parts of me arj shed (all built of WPB, sawn, treated timber and SS fastners anyway) then Wickes' Shed and Fence Preserver on the rest
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wood-Preservers/Shed-and-Fence-Preserver/invt/170468
--
Peter.