Pressure reduction valve

With hospital waiting lists predicted to top 13 million [1] small wonder people are resorting to other ways to meet their medical needs.

Nick [1]

Nick Odell

A few months back, the pressure of our water supply exceeded 6 bar while they were doing some work on the 24 inch main in the road. The water heater in the attic bathroom has a 6 bar relief valve and the tundish could only just cope. I decided we needed a pressure reduction valve on it and due to circumstances i couldn't DIY. My plumber insisted the the valve should go on the rising main rather than the incomer of the heater. All was well for 3 months. Now every time any water is run, the valve screeches as the flow stops. Hot taps and toilets are particularly annoying as this happens some time after they have been used. Suggestions please. Do I replace the valve or can i adjust something. I probably will have to summon the plumber again as I've just had open heart surgery. Not quite up to crawling in either the attic or the cellar.

Reply to
Lawrence

Hang on hang on! DIY group, valve, open heart surgery! Surely not!

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Some are adjustable, so you can set the output pressure, some are fixed.

Sometimes they can make a noise when the inlet pressure is too close to the output pressure (say valve set to 3 bar, and inlet already around that). If it's adjustable then changing the setting (up or down) may help.

(I have a PRV here in the cold feed to all the upstairs plumbing - incoming pressure is usually over 6 bar, and it never makes a sound)

Reply to
John Rumm

+1
Reply to