Power to hoover but not switching on

If you're anywhere near Reading Berkshire, there's a Reading Repair Cafe tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon. Bring it along, and we'll show you how to fix it.

Andrew Gabriel

But if he could do all that he would have figured out where to apply the match.

You expect far too much of html posters :-(

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Judging by the previous posts from home owners hub the question was probably posted decade ago and they have now got wise to the complaints and altered the date to 2017.

Reply to
alan_m

What a staggering philosophical insight!

I do believe that home-wankers Hub is attracting alieans who expect direct transference of mental images.

Try switching it on, asshole.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I never got around to reading 'Berkshire'.

Its it a romance, or just another period costume drama?

Actually I suspect that its the Writing Repair Café that the OP needs.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Me Tarzan. You Marzipan. How!?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Power flows through mains plug, flex, switch, internal wires & motor. The b reak could be anywhere in that lot. A multimeter will tell you where, once you know how to test resistance with it. A £3 one will do.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Andrew, your trying to be helpful. A laudable goal but a misplaced one as far as Homeownershub is concerned. The sooner its users understand what a useless plagiarising pile of tripe it is the better. Consequently I think "on principle" HOH messages should be ignored or derided every time.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

No, only the ones that relate to posts 10 years old or only have a two word question such as "Hetty compact" and expect the rest of the world to have a crystal ball to know what has previously been ruled out as the cause of the fault.

Oh - that's nearly all of the posts from home owners hub.

It's much the same with posts to other groups from the motoring version of this web site where _every_ post is referenced to a fiat puno.

Reply to
alan_m

sounds like a good way to get yourself filtered out.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Please those using this portal give more info as on the real Usenet we do not have any pictures or anything like that. I'd have thought the fault was pretty obvious to trace. If ok on switch then switch broken, if bypass switch and motor not running motor busted. :-) Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

My responses are not just aimed ot the OP, the information may be useful to others too. We were very busy this afternoon teaching people how to repair things. I did a large projector screen someone bought in from their home theatre which was blowing its mains fuse, and did half a PS4 repair (removing the broken HDMI connector - he will need to bring it back next time to fit a new one). Also did a number of sundry things. We did have a vacuum cleaner in - a dyson which the owner had sucked water in (needed a new motor), but I didn't see a Hetty, although I didn't see all the things that got fixed.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel