Plumbing question

Hi again

I'm putting plumbing it for a power shower (again!).

As I can't get easy access to the floorboards I'm thinking of just laying the pipes from the airing cupboard into bath panel space (which is just behind the airing cupboard) hook up to the pump and then on to the shower cubicle in the next room but parallel to the bath.

The pipes would run along the the top of the floorboards (out of sight though as they'll be in the bath panel void).

Is this acceptable? As the pump is in the beneath the bath in the void area, is it ok to run the electric back to the airing cupboard to be connected up (by a pro sparky, I'm well aware of Part P)? I spoke to salamander and turner pumps companies and they both say 22mm must be used as inlets for a power shower, would plastic pipe and push fits be ok for ? I know that I can't use plastic push fits near the Sussex flange due to the heat.

Thanks for all your help.... again!

Matt

Reply to
MP

Yes

Yes

Probably. 22mm plastic has a slightly smaller internal diameter than 22mm copper - particularly the inerts - but it's still probably ok

Why? You can't use plastic pipe within a certain distance of a *boiler* - but a hot cylinder is only as hot as the water in it - which is eventually going to flow through your plastic pipe, anyway!

Reply to
Set Square