Plumbers - please decipher....

They'd still seize. We have pukka bronze stopcocks on a boat and one of them has seized. I'll have to have a go next time we have it out for anti-fouling

Reply to
fred

Use standard stockcocks on *mains* water. Gate valves *aren't* suitable.

Reply to
Bod

I prefer full bore lever or butterfly valves for main isolators - Pegler have not failed me yet - though for outside use the butterfly handles are prone to ali corrosion and the paint falls off, but the valve works fine.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Seen it. First act scene one of the second series is the funniest skit on TV ever. It's a ballet of comedy. :-D

Reply to
cd

They vary. For example, if you buy a packet of Polo mints, all the orifices come for free. At the other extreme, if you pack your arse out with broken glass and sit on it, hard, the cost of getting it patched up by any half competent surgeon would be sky high.

Reply to
cd

On 30 Dec 2014, Mike Barnes grunted:

Yeah, thanks for posting that... as I was at home, I ignored the NSFW, clicked on the link, grinned, and moved on.

Next day I found myself having to explain to my teenaged daughter why that particular object was on the ebay landing page under "Items you recently viewed"... :O

Reply to
Lobster

At least the item is new and not used.

Reply to
ARW

/At least the item is new and not used. /q

Sounds like the voice of experience......??

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

^^^like this you mean?

NSFW, or people of a nervous disposition.

Reply to
Gazz

On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:51:24 PM UTC, Tim+ wrote: .

Yes, you should test the overflow to ensure it can shift all the water the valve can deliver.

A 50 gallon tank provides a reserve, so it can fill up at a trickle; one of the main features of the loft-tank system. The flow into my tank is feeble, but it has never been drained dry through the taps and so is adequate.

Reply to
amcmaho

we drained ours dry just after we'd moved in. Thne idiot plumbers used by the previous owners had fitted an outside tap onto the tank cold outlet. We were happily watering the flower bed when the supply stopped.

Reply to
charles

+1, I have them on gas and water (but indoors).
Reply to
newshound