piping a central vac system in concrete house

hi there All the literature I've seen on these centralised vacuum systems show installations in timber constructions which all looks fairly straightforward. The house I'm building has concrete floors (both floors) and block walls. If I was to install this system in my house, can I run the 50mm pvc piping along the floor (to be buried by the screed) and track holes in the walls (probably right through the wall) to install the outlets on the walls? Seems like the plan but wanted to double check.

TIA Sean

Reply to
Sean

systems show

(both

my house,

by the

the wall)

wanted to

Sounds good to me, but Id use plastic electrical conduit and those long sweeping turns for the job, not plumbing PVC...thats going to have sharp elbows and rough spots inside that will catch yer stringy vacuum debris.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

I've had good results joining polypropylene tube by simply chamfering one end at 45 degrees, warming one end with a hot-air gun, and pressing a greased bit of tubing into it.

Can then be easily removed, and is exactly the right diameter to tightly slip onto another bit of tube.

Plus, no ridge inside the pipe to grab stuff.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:37:37 GMT, "Phil Scott" strung together this:

Have you ever tried obtaining 50mm PVC conduit and fittings? You can get sweeping bends for PVC waste pipes, and you could also use the stuff as is supplied by the central vacuum companies, although this is just PVC waste pipe really.

Reply to
Lurch