PING: whoever is using Marmox on the floor

Sorry forgot who it was and too lazy to Google...

I had that Squidward moment today when I noticed that the Kahrs wood I laid in son's room was rather bouncy in one corner (after adding bed and other furniture).

Fortunateky, being clicky stuff and the room being small, it took 20 minutes to unclick it, stack in order and investigate the problem.

I had believed that I'd glued the Marmox down flat on a flat floor.

Which was generally true - I had waved a 6 foot ali level over most of it. However, when putting the level right up to the edge of the wall in this area, I discovered a 5mm hollow area over a couple of square feet a foot or so back.

What I suspect has happened is the marmox looks like it may have ridden up at the edge slightly.

Not a disaster - a quick chat with Kahrs tech support, who was a *very* helpful chap called Andrew, came the conclusion that the best workaround was to pack the area up with card - ideally flat, but at least enough to leave the variances at 3mm or less, then relay the foam and reclick the planks. Shouldn't take long as most of the flooring effort is cutting the planks.

So I post this as a warning: watch the laying of Marmox - and check it with a long rule as it goes down. I did - but not enough evidently.

I suspect it's either because it was a corner piece and I didn't get in close enough to walk it down, or I was near the end of a bucket of adhesive and it may have been going off.

I know what to what out for on the next room...

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S