PC fan wiring

I have a number of ARCTIC F12 fans .... these have standard 3 pin connector for plugging onto a mother board

Anyone able to confirm the wiring of these fans as I will not be using with a PC, but a separate PWM controller.

Plug has RED, BLACK & Yellow I need to confirm which is +V, Gnd and Tacho Assume it will be the order I listed above - but thought worth checking.

The PWM controller does not have 3 pin plug, it has screw connectors.

Reply to
rick

blk is always ground

given that it has a red, that will be +12 and yellow will be tacho

if it didn't have a red, then yellow would be +12 and sense usually green

Reply to
Andy Burns

rick used his keyboard to write :

Red is +12v, Black ground; yellow is the impulse feedback for rotation speed.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Any good motherboard manual defines these for you too.

The plug on the fan end, has a surface where that alignment "tab" fits.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

My assumption on Red & Black was correct - Thnx

Reply to
rick