Patio Scrubber

I got the above out today but it refused to cooperate. The rotor would only turn slowly rather than spin. It seems to be able.to turn easily but not freely, the O ring seals prevent that. The device itself is a Lidl one but the pressure washer is a Karcher. I suspect that the problem is to do with flowrate as I was using a fairly long hose. Any observations? Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

Nothing constructive I am afraid. I thought your post was refering to one of todays customers that was on the patio sunbathing. Not a pleasant sight (the sun worked overtime to tan than amount of skin)

The Medway Handyman is your friend for this one.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Two girls in shorts walking along the pavement this evening, one black the other white. The white girl's legs were about ten shades darker than the black girl's.

Would have been worth a photo on here ...

Andy Burns

I've got a Lidl patio washer which I use with a Karcher pressure washer (by using the supplied adapter), and it works ok.

The only thing you have to watch is that there are no small stones on the patio. If this thing picks up a stone, it hurls it at the casing hard enough to do some damage. I've lost a few of the internal fins on mine - but it still works ok.

I suppose that yours could be faulty. As far as I remember (it's currently 100 miles away, so I can't check!) the bar on mine spins fairly freely when you operate it by hand. What happens when you use other types of fitting/nozzle? Do they perform as expected?

Reply to
Roger Mills

it's been on there for months and ICBA to watch much now the light evenings are here.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

It should spin freely when turned by hand e.g. it should wizz round & take a while to come to a standstill, like if you spin a bicycle wheel.

Pressure washers use positive displacement pumps, the flow rate can't really drop.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On 24/05/2012 22:00, Roger Mills wrote: ... snipped

... snipped

So just like the old song: "fins ain't what they used to be"

(Sorry; hat, coat ...)

Reply to
Nospam

I got the above out today but it refused to cooperate. The rotor

Mine came from Lidl and came with two sets of nozzles to suit different machines, have you fitted the correct ones?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Mine only had the one set. They are very fIne, could be part of the problem. I suspect the stiffness of the rotor is the major reason. Silicone grease might be the answer. Lawrence.

Reply to
Lawrence