Outdoor Shower- help needed

Hi all - I have a outdoor hot water tap and a outdoor cold outdoor water ta p located close to each other. I would like to build a shower about 10 metr es away and run a hose between the taps and the shower rather than plumbing in the shower. I'm wondered if I can connect these taps to an outdoor show er and if so how? Do I need something to value to stop the hot water and co ld water mixing?

Reply to
baronofthecourt

If these taps are bib taps and installed in the last few years then they will likely have inbuilt non- return valves which should prevent cross contamination. Alternatively you can install non-return valves in the pipe work before the taps.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com brought next idea :

Look up thermostatic mixer valves.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

They are not designed to, but I suppose one could be adapted to a hose.

They are intended to be connected to the copper pipes as input (H&C) and copper pipe as output. I have one, a preset temperature type (but adjustable), under the downstsirs toilet washbasin, with a single tap as output. Water comes out the tap at just the right temperture for hand washing.

For bathing the dogs, I fit a hose to the tap and bath them in my drive using a spray head on the hose.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Ordinary garden hose is a push fit (might need warming) onto 15 mm copper... Couple of jubilee clips, jobs a gudun.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Any outdoor tap SHOULD have a non-return valve to prevent contaminated water flowing back into the mains.

If both taps have a non-return valve then you should be fine, AFAICS.

For the rest, fancy running of hose pipe should probably work. You don't say if you plan to have a thermostatic mixer or just a manual mixer.

I assume that you don't plan to just use a simple shower head with Y jointed pipes (like the old things people used to use to wash their hair over a sink) as that would involve a 10 metre sprint to turn the water on and off and adjust the temperature.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

tap located close to each other. I would like to build a shower about 10 me tres away and run a hose between the taps and the shower rather than plumbi ng in the shower. I'm wondered if I can connect these taps to an outdoor sh ower and if so how? Do I need something to value to stop the hot water and cold water mixing?

Garden hoses can work if the pressure is on the low side, otherwise they're inclined to be a bit fragile. You also need to drain them before first fro st.

Somewhere along the way you need nonreturn valves, as feeding either H or C supply back up the other one would not end well.

NT

Reply to
Nick Cat

Why? Ours seem to survive being frozen without any problems, as also do blue and black MDPE pipe.

Reply to
Chris Green

As others have said, you need a non-return valve (technically double check-valve) in the supply to each tap.

You didn't say what the source is for either supply. For a shower mixer valve to work properly, hot and cold both need to be at more or less the same pressure. So if, for example, the cold is off the mains but the hot is a gravity supply from a vented HW cylinder and header tank, it may not work too well.

Reply to
Roger Mills

There's no shortage of domestic showers running off uneven pressure.

NT

Reply to
Nick Cat