OTish: Turning circles

Yep I drove in some of those. Hilarious.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A place I used to live in had a family down the road who were just odd. Their boy, known locally as 'The Idiot Son', had a huge pickup truck, one with a double cab and a huge load-bed. He never parked it outside the family's house, that would block the view, it was always outside one or other of the neighbour's places. When they moved out, the house was condemned for rot and mould. Some people are just like that.

Reply to
Davey

Are two CV joints possible? Half the bend on each?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

With "Super Strut" (Toyota WRC cars), HiPer strut (GM), Revo-Knuckle (Ford), PerfoHub (Renault/Ricardo) and other "dual axis" front suspensions it is possible as the steered axle is mounted on a kingpin and the strut doesn't rotate with steering. The cost of "super strut" means it's only used on high power FWD cars that can be sold at a premium price. Adding a 2nd CV on the strut would put the cost up even more and finding buyers for it at the price it would have to be sold for could be a problem.

But it might have stopped BTCC Hondas spitting the drive shaft out when the driver wouldn't follow instruction and lift off the throttle at jumps.

Reply to
Peter Hill

It occurred to me since yesterday that the forces may be higher than we might think. A high performance car probably has a LSD, which means that quite likely all the power will sometimes go out through one wheel. Much more likely of course with FWD than rear, and very unlikely with 4WD.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Is it legal to give your car LSD?

-- =

Paddy calls Easyjet to book a flight. The operator asks "How many people are flying with you?" Paddy replies "I don't know! It=E2=80=99s your flipping plane!"

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Possession - who's to know?

USE - the production of 2 (or more) black stripes if observed may get you a talking to or more.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Snip

That reminded me of my mate's comment after he moved to Farnham:

"They have Badger Beer, so called because it leaves a yellow stripe down your backside the next morning."

He wasn't impressed with it.

Reply to
Davey