[OT] Windows 10 problem

Not sure how best to describe what has gone wrong, and I certainly don't know why!

Normally, when looking at This PC, which used to be My Computer, the screen is divided, with a tree on the left and the contents of each branch on the right. Suddenly, the tree side has gone, and what was on the right now occupies the full screen.

I've Googled until cross eyed, and searched every menu known to man, but cannot get back to how it was.

Any clues?

Reply to
Graeme

View menu and choose what you want to see.

Reply to
polygonum

I assume this is the file manager we are talking about.

IIRC - and I dont use windows - its a 'view' option.

may provide a clue.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Assuming you are in File Explorer, "View" tab should allow you to get it back under "Panes"

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Am I allowed to swear? Thank you. I thought I had tried every possible permutation, but hitting Navigation Pane seems to have got me back to where I wanted to go.

Reply to
Graeme

I had a problem that baffled the local experts. Drove me mad for weeks.

Simon Mason

Everyone else does.

Reply to
polygonum

Pretty well known, that one.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Exactly. I hate the tree view myself so always turn it off just having sub folders in the file list instead in list mode. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Click on the "View" tab at the top of the window, then Navigation Pane on the left. Make sure Navigation Pane is ticked in the drop down.

Reply to
John Rumm

It's astonishing how MS seem to have made things more difficult / less intuitive in this "new look" stuff. IMHO Office 365 is even worse. Does anyone actually use the silly tiles for "pretty format"?

Reply to
newshound

Get this free.

Simon Mason

Yes, that is what I now use, and it covers my (fairly basic) needs.

Reply to
Graeme