OT: the change in the weather as it affects my soul

The weather has changed, after a long and glorious period of sunshine. Trousers, not shorts. Boots, not sandals. Socks! A tee shirt! A waterproof to go outside! Why did it fill me with deep-seated gloom this morning, such a feeling that Heaven had ended and Hell, or at least Purgatory, was about to commence? Now I remember. Fifty or more years ago, on the first day of term after the long summer holidays, climbing unwillingly into trousers instead of jeans, proper shoes, a clean shirt, struggling to tie the hated school tie, then donning the beastly stifling blazer. Back to school, with all that it implied. The constraints of the clothing were just a pre-echo of the constraints of school life.
Bill

very deep
Not really if you ever listened to Pink Floyds The Wall. They nailed that on. Brian
--
----- --

Au contraire, the wife and I went for a short walk in the rain this morning to celebrate the hiatus in the heatwave.
For some reason Frank Ifield yodeling "Lovesick Blues" always puts me in mind of the "school next morning" depression.
Definitely a Sunday TV appearance but I think Jukebox Durex and Thank Your Lucky Arse were shown on Saturday not Sunday.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
On 29/07/2018 15:25, Graham. wrote:

I have found the cooling innervating. The problem now, in accordance with UK regulations, is there will be no decent weather until next year, if then.

Not certain you're being serious but my wife and I are so grateful for the cooler weather, we both so hate the heat, horrible.
Unfortunately, the heat will return in the week, hope it isn't quite as bad.
My wife claims anyone who likes last week's weather is either physically ill or brain washed. :-)
Bob.
--
Bob Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands
On 29/07/2018 18:20, Bob Latham wrote:

It doesn't have to be "either". It could be both :-)
Jim
On 29/07/2018 18:20, Bob Latham wrote:

The Mrs, upon returning from her usual 10k morning run in Vegas a couple of years ago, commented that it was "a little warm" outside, but "really pleasant". It was 50c...
I start melting when the temperature goes above 25c.
On 29/07/2018 23:32, JoeJoe wrote:

But very dry heat. 25C at even 60% humidity is starting to feel uncomfortable for some.
On 30/07/2018 11:27, Andrew wrote:

Agreed. But trust me, 50c, humidity or no humidity, is VERY hot!

It is indeed, feels like walking into a furnace.
On 30/07/18 21:31, JoeJoe wrote:

50C with no humidity is very hot
50C with humidity is not survivable If you cannot cool by eva[poration, then you will die
Human body is around 38C.
35C plus 100% humidity is pretty much near the limit for fair skinned people
--
“Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of
On 29/07/18 23:32, JoeJoe wrote:

Not quite 50C
https://gamboool.com/hottest-temperature-ever-record-in-las-vegas-and-the-coldest-one-in-history-too