OT: Scaring pheasants off

+1
Reply to
Old Codger

Another thought: the next time you see them, rush out with your smart phone or whatever set to record, to pick up their alarm calls. Then when they appear subsequently, play it back to them, loudly. If you do it several times, they might eventually get the message.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

A mate has a commercial one of those that sounds intermittently (dawn to dusk) with whatever bird sound you choose for the sort of bird you are trying to scare away (I think there may be a choice of 6 or so).

For a pheasant that might have to be an eagle. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I should not worry. I read the post as how to "scare peasants off" and nearly replied as such!

Reply to
ARW

His wife-:)?

Reply to
ARW

Could lead to ramifications, as the close season on wives is most of the year.

Reply to
GB