OT: Restaurant menu ordering

It happens that Clive Page formulated :

We dined out Tuesday and I remearked to staff, that the place seemed quieter than I would really expect - they agreed that they had been under whelped with custom.

I also dislike ordering by app, especially so food. On Tuesday it was a carvery, their app had no way to indicate what meat you wanted, nor any way to specify anything other than 'carvery'. What's the point? I often just say I don't possess a smart phone.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I positively hate having to go to the bar to order food. Ineveitably you get asked about an option and have to go back to the table to ask = much to the frustration of others waiting. It also breaks up the social aspect of the event.

Reply to
JohnP

Yep, they bring drinks, then food, then they have to go back for cutlery, then they have to go back for condiments - a really time saving system.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

AFAIK, when leaving, the NHS app allows you to cancel a login.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You don't see the difference between being able easily to trace contacts if one of that group becomes ill?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

But did one of the group get infected from going to the pub/restaurant or later on the bus. in the supermarket or at the school gates picking up their kids. It's not a joined up system!

Do you rally believe that track and trace works and everyone with covid symptoms registers as having the virus or even self isolates? Even the Government have acknowledged they have wasted mega money on this and up to three quarters of those losing money by not working ignore the self isolation recommendations.

Reply to
alan_m

Where is doesn't work amazing well, once I've gone to the bar to get a round in while waiting for the round already ordered via the app to actually be delivered ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Maybe it does now.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Although TBH I'm not sure if the "cancel" means cancel as in, I was never there Guv, or I've now left.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. snipped-for-privacy@harrym1byt.plus.com> wrote in news:s8ark6$268$1 @dont-email.me:

Keeps the bar free for people desperate for a pint!

Reply to
JohnP

would be from the Credit card details

Reply to
rick

Similar to me ordering a pizza for collection - I can't use the app or website, as it has options for tomato or barbecue sauce on the base, but no option for no sauce. It also allows be to select vegan cheese and/or extra cheese, but not to replace the normal cheese with a 3-cheese mix. Luckily, they do take phone orders.

Reply to
Steve Walker

A restaurant that I used to use while on business trips in the '90s simply had a bellpush on each table - no struggling to attract attention when you were ready to order, wanted another drink with your meal or wanted to pay; no being pressurised by staff to order before you were ready. Simple and effective.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Andy Burns snipped-for-privacy@andyburns.uk wrote in news:igsjlrF2jrcU1 @mid.individual.net:

Conversely - I have stood in an "invisble location" waiting to get served.

Reply to
JohnP

Or long stick :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Indeed and after the 1st lockdown it was updated so staff could get their 20% discount without going to the bar.

Reply to
ARW