OT :- Q for Mary

Bumble bees are the ones that are solitary and live in the ground, yeah?

What size (roughly) are their Larvae ? Was digging in the back green (can't remember why I was digging in the Back green, trying desperately and failing, to remember what time of year this was and how deep I was)saw what looked like a caterpillar/maggot thought at the time that it was a bit big for a bee but some of the Bumble bees this year seem to be huge so I was wondering ... No biggie just a (very)minor niggle at the back of my mind.

Reply to
soup

Last week I found a very large drowsy bumble bee crawling on my kitchen floor and it started me wondering if they had lived communally like other bees, Wikipedia seemed to suggest they live in small underground nests of up to 50 bees.

Reply to
Andy Burns