OT: Puncture

Had a flat tyre on the old Rover. Rather than change the wheel for the spare, I removed it and took it to Kwik-Fit. Left it with them to do when they had a spare moment - they were fairly busy. I'd found a nail in the tyre - centre of the tread - so I'd guess an easy repair.

How much was I charged?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

£35 (ish)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Under a tenner, I'd guess?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It?s Kwik-Fit. £25 minimum. (That was the price a couple of years ago).

Reply to
Tim+

Nothing. They saw it was a bus tyre and sent the bill to TFL ;)

Reply to
Richard

£70 with an extended warranty/no charge for further puncture repairs?
Reply to
ARW

I thought you were going to say they identified the nail and sent the nail maker the bill. So do we know yet? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Right answer, wrong reason. ;-)

For me it would have been just a dose from my Puncturseal container and carried on as normal (or on most of our vehicles we wouldn't have ever seen nail in the first place as it would have been thrown straight out and the puncture sealed).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Kwik-Fit.

They said the tyre was too damaged and sold you a new tyre. And valve. And balancing.

Reply to
Bob Eager

And they looked at your other tyres and said they were all illegal too?

Reply to
newshound

I'd have said that, but they only managed to see the one, by his account.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Kwik-Fit.! If you didnt find out before leaving it with them you deserve to be Screwed should be £25

-
Reply to
Mark

I use some multinational chain whose name begins with Euro I think (can't be arsed to dig out the invoice right now). Last year I had that done and they charged me 7 quid, (SEVEN QUID) which was a pleasant surprise for a change.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Before my brother started up his own garage I always used a local outfit for new tyres and puncture repairs.

This was in the days before H&S went mad. So if I pulled up with a slow puncture and they were busy then they used to tell you to get the wheel off yourself (trolley jacks are over there) and put the wheel back on.

As it was a tyre that I had bought from them they never charged for puncture repairs.

Reply to
ARW

My local tyre place will charge around £15 for the repair including a new valve and re-balancing.

Reply to
alan_m

Mine will often do it free, but of course I chuck a fiver in the lads' beer fund.

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's what I guessed. But not had a puncture repaired for ages. Last one was on the other car, and a screw too close to the edge to be repaired, so new tyre time.

It was £27.

Used to be loads of tyre places close. Not anymore. Only Kwik-Fit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's dreadful. We are lucky in that there are several tyre places near here. I'd expect to pay a tenner at most for a straightforward tyre repair.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Ouch! That's daft money.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

BTW you can buy kits to easily fix that straightforward type of puncture off ebay for about a fiver.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom