OT; It had to happen.

Smokers stink but so long as they are not still breathing out smoke there is no realistic risk.

Reply to
Invisible Man

It's fairly obvious the bloke wasn't aware he was breaking this particularly stupid and ill thought out law.

Reply to
stuart noble

I am not always a customers. If I pay for a service I am a client.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Always nice to know we have rights. The government can give the people those without it costing them anything

Reply to
stuart noble

Not necessarily. If you don't employ anyone you can do what like when working from home - if you do employ someone they may consent to your smoking.

This particular area has caused much debate in my industry, specifically the legality of people smoking at private events ( parties, weddings etc. ) held within the grounds of their own home. Staff will be employed ( waiters, bartenders, musicians etc. ) and the law states that if you're employed to work in a smoker's house you have no right to request that they not smoke in your presence. You do, however, have a right to refuse to work there.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

So cigarettes are just a tax-raising scam by the guvmint?

That'll be why they've recently banned smoking in so many places then. The passive smokers were gettign their smoke for free, so then Gordon stopped them. That makes sense.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadworth" saying something like:

Aye, Madame Cyn was telling us so, just the other day.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

"If the person had never-smoked, living with a smoker raised stroke risk by 42%. If he or she had smoked at some point in their lives, but given up, the increase in risk was even higher, at 72%."

Reply to
Huge

Woo Hoo !

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

He does not need to stop smoking he needs to move further inland.

these coastal walks which have been constructed in recent years are going to play havoc with the nation's health. ;-)

Reply to
PJ