OT Gridwatch

High demand, 100MW of open cycle gas on the grid, lots of wind and most of the nukes online (Dungeness B tripped yet again) and importing to capacity. Must be pretty close to the limit of what's available.

Are there any useable oil plants left?

Wouldn't it be a shame if all the chavs around here had to go without their flashing Christmas lights for a few hours.

Phiip

Reply to
philipuk

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com scribeth thus

Interesting over en France the demand is on the Red line there at 77.55 GW!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Reminded of that spoof by Bob Rivers to the tune of good vibrations, called decorations. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That'll be their nukes keeping everyone else's xmas lights flashing.

Philip

Reply to
philipuk

Can't access Gridwatch ATM. 'unable to connect'.

Anyone know the progress in repairing the damaged coolers at Didcot B? Last I heard was that the undamaged module was running at full power, and the damaged module at reduced power, so combined output about 75% of full capacity.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

En el artículo , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com escribió:

Tried to see for myself but Gridwatch not responding (~2100 Monday). Telnet 80 doesn't connect, telnet 443 does but gives garbage.

Might just be the s**te wireless I'm on.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

How high was demand? Gridwatch flatlined just before 1900 but that time is normally after the peak. Even so gas was under 20 GW (can go well over that), pumped had 0.5 GW spare, hydro looked to be flat out and so was coal at over 15 GW. Nukes doing well, Nothing unusual about importing at capacity from the French or Dutch.

Yes, Littlebrook though it's signed up as SBR so is not active in the market any longer.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

sorry - the server hosting hardware crashed and gridwatch came up with dead mysql.

I had to restart that manually..so there was a gap.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher